Thursday, December 16, 2010

SharePoint 2010 and .NET 4.0

This morning, I tried to change the target framework of my SharePoint 2010 projects to use .NET 4.0; however the .NET Framework 4.0 option was not visible for some reason.


Clicking on the “Install other frameworks…” brought my IE to the Microsoft .NET 4 framework download page (I ended up downloading the .NET 4.0 and repair my installation). However after rebooted the server, the option to target .NET 4.0 still was still missing.

A quick Google search told me that SharePoint 2010 does not support .NET 4. It runs on .NET 3.5 only (at least not yet). Surely there will be a service pack to tackle this issue in the near future.

So a tip for all of you who are planning to use .NET 4.0 for your SharePoint’s development: don’t do it (not yet).

Have nice Thursday J

Evan Putranto

No comments:

Post a Comment